Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Get Out of Your Traffic Ticket

It's always funny trying to watch someone get out of a traffic ticket. It's like they pretend they have no idea of what they did wrong and seem confused as to why the police officer would even pull them over. You hear them say things like 'But, officer, what did I do?' and then 'oh I'm so sorry, I had no idea'. Even when you know that they knew exactly what they did. Yes it's always funny, except that is, when it is you. So this article will show you how to get out of your traffic ticket. Even if you are guilty!

Ok, so first things first - what not to do. You can't claim ignorance, innocence or try and trick the traffic officer in any way. Those tactics just simply won't work. You are going to have to be smarter and much more subtle if you want to effectively get out of your ticket.

So what do you do? Let's say you just ran a red light and the cop pulls you over and says "License and registration please sir". You need to calmly give him the info and say "I ran a red light. I know" and that's it. Say nothing more. It helps if you look unhappy with yourself too, but don't say anything else yet because it most cases the police officer ask you this next question.

He'll say something like, "Why did you run the red light then if you knew that you did it?", at which you should respond calmly and with conviction, "I didn't see the red light until it was too late and then I thought it would have been too late to stop in case I caused an accident. I didn't see any other cars coming in either direction so I kept going".

If you say that and sit there to accept your fact you'll find that most of the time the cop will let you off with a warning. The trick to this is to let the officer initiate the conversation initially - make him think he is in control of the situation. Whatever you do don't start to try and defend yourself or argue with what he says, just accept and answer like I've shown you.

1 comment:

  1. I just received a careless driving ticket and I'm very upset and frustrated. I really want to beat it! A friend of mine actually recommended me a reputable and skilled lawyer from http://www.nopointstraffictickets.com. I think I'll hire him in order to help me fight this ticket. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete